Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Fireproof", the Movie

This past Friday night, my wife and I had the pleasure of attending the local premier of the movie, “Fireproof” with a group of members of the department and their spouses. The movie is set in the City of Albany, Georgia and is centered around the difficulties in the relationship of a Fire Department Captain and his wife. The Captain, portrayed by actor Kirk Cameron, accepted a challenge from his father to follow a forty day plan to improve his marriage. My first impression was that it was a “chick flick” but after watching for a while, I was glad that I attended. My wife and I have since discussed it and it certainly opened my eyes. All of us have experienced some difficulty in our relationships and the past fifteen months have taken a toll on individuals and marriages. If you get a chance, take time to see this movie. I believe it will be worthwhile for you.

Stay safe, my friends,

Gerald

No comments: