Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Super Fly!

Today I was in a local gas station pumping fuel into my truck when I noticed an old stake bodied truck parked next to me. It obviously had seen better days but looked as if it was still serving the purpose for someone. Despite the faded paint and a beat up body, it had a large decal on the doors that said Super Fly. I was interested to see who was driving this vehicle and waited a few minutes until an elderly man, he was probably about my age :), shuffled out of the store and to the truck. While both he and his truck had seen better days, he had obviously envisioned himself as Super Fly at some time in his life.

I think that we all should take some time to enjoy some fun, to be Super Fly, Superman or whomever. They say that time waits on no man, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy the trip. I plan on squeezing all that I can out of this experience we call life. I hope that I will run into you along the way.

No comments: