Friday, October 7, 2011

Getting It Done in the City!



Charleston firefighters responded to a house fire this afternoon on Amherst Street downtown.  First arriving units found heavy fire and smoke in a two story wood frame house with exposures on the B & D sides. I was on Savannah Highway, West of the Ashley, and watched the smoke as I drove downtown.  Using my best training and memories of the old days, I listened to the radio and watched the smoke and I could tell they were getting the job done. Well, when I finally made it there, it was obvious they had just plain "opened up a can of whoop ass" on it. Sorry folks, that's simply what came to my mind.  They laid into it with "big water" and made short work of it.  Nice job guys and thanks to St. Andrews Rescue 301 for the back-up!

No comments: