Monday, March 9, 2009

Red Duct Tape

This weekend I was shopping in a local store and came across a display of duct tape. There in the bin were stacks of RED duct tape. Now, for you fellow duct tape enthusiasts, this was the jackpot for an old firefighter and a self-proclaimed duct tape connoisseur! Now, before you think I’m being a little eccentric, (I am), this was just another day in my world of enjoying the small things. Whether it is the sight of a little puppy, a drag racing car with the back tires boiling smoke, the smile of a kid as we speed down the street with him at the wheel of our golf cart, or just the feel of a cool breeze blowing through the pine trees, I learned long ago that it is these things that really define us and our ability to enjoy our lives. It did not come naturally to me, but was honed from a life of many good things and sad disappointments and a desire to help my children learn to love their time on this earth. So, take a little time today to look for those little things in your life. I believe it will be worth the search and, by the way, if you see me in a crowd, I’ll be the one with the red duct tape stuck to my briefcase.

No comments: