Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Passing of a Friend......

Captain Cellars George Seabrook, CFD Retired, passed away this week here in Charleston.  His funeral service was held on Thursday, January 28, at the Edisto Presbyterian Church on Edisto Island.  Our most sincere condolences go out to Captain Seabrook's family including his sixteen grandchildren and sixteen great-grandchildren.

Captain Seabrook served much of his career in the truck house on Coming Street as the Captain of Truck 4.  I remember my days as a young firefighter when I would visit the truck house.  Captain Seabrook always treated me with great respect and he, along with the others in the truck companies led by example and taught me the importance of pride in your work.   It was lessons I would remember many times during my career.

No comments: