Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Day Tribute

Years ago, when I was a young boy, my Daddy taught me that success in my life would be measured by the influence of many women, whether it be my mother, my future wife, sisters, daughters, granddaughters, friends, co-workers or others that came into and through my daily existence. My mother, Mary Mishoe, continually showed me just how right he was as I enjoyed her love and guidance for many, many years. Today is a day we honor our mothers and I have always observed it as a day to say thank you to all of you that are such a special part of my life. Thanks to my other Moms, Betsy and Vada, my wife, MoJo, whom I could not live without, my sister, LuAnn, whom I love dearly, my daughters, Leigh-Leigh, Heather, Lisa and Stephanie, my other “daughters”, Elena, Jessie, Jessica and Nikki, all who make me proud each day to be their Dad, my granddaughters, Haley and Chase, who give my life special meaning, my co-workers, Cupcake and Munch, who make a working day as fun as ever, all of our CFD wives and mothers, the Charleston 9 women, mothers, wives, fiancĂ©es and sisters, who continue to show great courage and, most of all, to my Momma, Mary, who left us some years ago but continues to live on with me each day with her beautiful spirit.

Happy Mother’s Day, I love you all and thanks for being a part of my life!

Gerald

No comments: