Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Spending Time Together.................


As I roamed the halls of the Convention Center this morning, seeing old friends again and meeting new folks, I realized how special it is to be a part of the South Carolina Fire Service.  Whether reminiscing with an old fire dog like me, or listening to our young firefighters and their enthusiasm, it is just a special place to be.  Each year we get together to train, meet, party, and even dance to celebrate this great business we call the Fire Service and this year will be no different. 

I must tell you that this morning was a little melancholy though as I thought of my good friend John, who was here at the Conference with us last year.  Also, we hurt this morning for our entire fire department family as we remember our friend, Ross Reeves, who has tragically left us at such an early age.  The best way I think we can honor them is to work hard to keep improving ourselves at this Conference, as I’m sure they would tell to carry on.  

If you are Conference bound, please travel safely and we’ll see you here. If not, we’ll look forward to seeing you all again soon. 

Gerald

No comments: